Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) is a psychiatric disorder characterized by a constant sense of worry and fear that interferes with daily life. People with Generalized Anxiety Disorder may experience feelings of dread, distress, or agitation for no discernible reason. Psychiatrists refer to this unexplained, trigger-less, general feeling of anxiety as "free floating anxiety".
Those with GAD may constantly expect the worst, and worry about things like work, money, their family and friends, or their health, even when there's no real cause to be concerned. The anxiety experienced with this disorder may occur for a specific reason or be triggered by an event, but be disproportionately great or unrealistic for the situation.
一般焦虑Disorder can turn into a cycle of excessive worrying. Though many people with GAD realize that their worry is unrealistic or unwarranted, feelings ofanxiety坚持并似乎无法控制，让患者感到失控。其中一些受折磨的人仍然可以带来正常的生活，富有成效的工作和积极的社会生活，但在内部努力努力，令人担忧和痛苦。
Generalized Anxiety Disorder Symptoms
- Excessive anxiety about everyday things
- Free floating anxiety
- Distress or worry that you feel is disproportionate to the situation
- Difficulty concentrating
- Feeling on edge and startling easily
- Trouble falling asleep or staying asleep
- Tendency to worry about or jump to the worst possible conclusion
- Headaches, stomach aches, muscle aches, or other unexplained pains
- Difficulty swallowing
- Shakiness or twitching
- Profuse sweating
- Light-headedness and/or breathlessness
Gad的症状因强度而异 - 在某些点可能会变得更好或更糟。有时症状可能会降低，允许那些患有正常生活的人，然后突然袭击严重程度，防止正常运作。
Generalized Anxiety Disorder Causes
It's hard to identify a single cause for GAD - contributing risk factors include genetics, brain chemistry, or trauma. Individuals who have experienced long-term stress, chemical imbalances, or a family history of anxiety have an increased risk of having GAD. Women are twice as likely to be affected as men, and while the average onset of GAD is 31 years old, the disorder develops gradually and can begin at any time in the life cycle. GAD usually first presents itself in the years between childhood and middle age.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): This psychiatric therapy technique encourages the patient to learn the connection between their thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. This understanding can allow the patient to visualize and control the underlying cause of their anxiety.
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs): A frequently used anti-depressant medication for GAD, SSRIs include fluoxetime (Prozac), sertraline (Zoloft), citalopram (Celexa), escitalopram (Lexapro), paroxetine (Paxil), and fluvoxamine (Luvox).
- 苯二氮卓：Gad的常用镇静和抗焦虑药物，苯二氮卓类药物包括Diazepam（valium），洛拉西泮（Ativan），Clonazepam（Klonopin）和Alprazolam（Xanax）。然而，苯并二氮虫病并不总是最好的行动方案 - 他们可能会造成成瘾和依赖，并且有受虐待的风险。
Consult your doctor if you believe you have any of the symptoms related to this disorder and discuss the benefits and risks of any medication or therapy.